Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Professional Development Conference

I went to my first professional development conference in Denver this last weekend. It made me feel like a grown-up! I had a good time with the other teachers from my school that went and the best part was the conference was actually full of valuable information! Imagine that! I am really excited to try to affect change at my school and be a positive force for good. The conference was all about how to build a collaborative working relationship with other teachers. May seem obvious, but teachers tend to get stuck in the rut of "my classroom, my rules, my curriculum". I think working collaboratively with other teachers will definitely make me a better teacher, and I hope that I can give something back to them as well. Plus, I hope to make my work place a more positive place to be!

No comments: