Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I Can't Believe It...

TWO DAYS LEFT. Amazing. I thought this year would never end. Really. And now here we are with just two days left until SUMMER VACATION. Of course, I'm teaching summer school. That's actually a pretty sweet deal because I'll only be instructing for about 140 minutes and get paid for 240. Nice. We'll see at the end if it is worth it. My summer continues to get shorter and shorter though. I'm going to a PLC Conference in July. I'll be going to Professional Development classes starting Aug 4. Then my contract starts Aug 6. Then we get kiddos on Aug 11. BUT ENOUGH...I'm not thinking about that right now. Right now, I've got two days to get through. Oh and to all the parents out there who have children telling them that they don't need to go to school on the last day...they are right.

I was speaking with Julie this weekend about the end of my first year and I must say that I've really accomplished a lot. I must say I'm rather proud of myself for holding down a full time job and not going crazy in the middle of the year. Although I was tempted to do so. I have had many many people make this year bear-able for me. Thanks to everyone who listened to me whine, gave me suggestions, and just all around supported me. I really appreciate it.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Congrats! I'm so proud of you. Next year will be a little easier!