Sunday, March 16, 2008

Boy Am I Glad THAT'S Over

Besides the one incident that I already wrote about, the rest of the standardized testing went without a problem. No one passed the stop sign after that first day, and I haven't heard of proctor error again. I went to the state department of education website and did a search on "proctor error" and nothing came up. I'm starting to think that my assistant principal was pulling my leg. So that's good.

The biggest problem with the testing is that as a proctor, I was not able to email, text, or read while I was proctoring. Nor could I do filing or grade papers. This wasn't a big deal the first test. But after that the sixty minutes of testing for each of the eight remaining tests became mind numbing-ly boring. I wanted to beat my head against a brick wall I was so bored. Which would have been easy to do as my classroom walls are brick.

Now all that is left is waiting for the results in August. Hopefully my students kept up with their scores last year and didn't fall behind.

I need to go plan what to do next week. The week before spring break, and the week after the testing. I'm sure my students are burned out and need the break as much as I do. I'm going to try to keep it light this week. By light I mean multiplying and dividing fractions...now doesn't that sound fun????

3 comments:

Bethany said...

You have a strange sense of "fun." Remind me never to go on vacation with you. :0) I'm thinking the answer has something to do with food. Like, let's eat cookies while we multiply and divide fractions. At least, that sounds more fun to me.

Anonymous said...

Yuck! I'm glad it's over. Sounds extremely boring and gives me a whole new view of what my teachers were going through every time I had to take those dumb tests. It never even crossed my mind that they hated it as much as we did. LOL

Jules said...

That is THE WORST part of proctoring. But sounds like you're under much stricter rules...even the ACT folks allow proctors to read a little bit.