Friday, March 21, 2008

SPRING BREAK!!!!

Well, it's my first Spring Break as a teacher. And let me tell you it's just as sweet as the ones I had when I was a kid. Perhaps sweeter. I'm so excited, I'm almost giddy. So so so glad to have a break. I will be a much better teacher after the break, just like I was after Christmas break. Not any form of a miracle, but it's amazing what some time off and a little rest can do for you!

In other news, I will be spending part of my Spring Break in Atlanta. That's the part that's tomorrow through Tuesday. I will be visiting my brother, Nate, and we are going to have a cultural time of it...symphony, opera, and the Atlanta aquarium. Should be a great time for all. All meaning the two of us!

The rest of spring break will be spent getting ready for my little sister's wedding thingy. I say wedding thingy because she and her wonderful husband Brian, eloped over Christmas break. No one was really that surprised. So now we are having a little ring ceremony to celebrate with friends and family. I think it will be nice, except it is outside in March, so the weather could be perfect, or could be a problem. Who knows....all I know is I'm excited for her and to be in the wedding. It is the first wedding that I'll be in that wasn't my own.

Hopefully I will take/post pictures from my spring break. I'm horrible at taking pictures though, so don't hold your breath!!!

3 comments:

Jules said...

I'm glad you get some quality time with your brother. That is really cool! Have fun, and enjoy the rest!

Bethany said...

Enjoy it! I wish mommies got spring break!

Jennifer said...

Julie--Thanks! I will!!

Bethany--Notice I said I was excited like when I was a kid, not when I was a sahm. Spring Break as a sahm is not nearly as exciting...it just means the kids are home driving you crazy for a week. LOL. I hope that you get breaks every once in a while because no one needs them more than a sahm!